Marris Barn is a spacious venue providing the perfect atmosphere for corporate team building. There are three separate seating areas, allowing guests to take time out should they wish to do so. In addition to the large dining table and sitting area in the main barn room, there is the pool room area with additional seating and bar, and a garden room up at the wagon shed annexe. The kitchen is well equipped for catering or we can recommend chefs who will cook and serve on site or even deliver prepared dishes prior to your arrival. The local pub is a healthy walk away.
The table tennis table, darts board and pool table provide either relaxation, or an opportunity to enjoy some corporate competition. All bedrooms are en suite for privacy and if you have a larger group who all require individual bedrooms, why not book the two cottages as well? The barn dining table can be extended to seat up to 24 people.
Emma’s Tips for Corporate Team Building:
- Try your hand a clay pigeon shooting
- Hire a chef for the night
- Bring your bikes and cycle part of the sustrans route
- How about a little wine tasting or cocktail making classes
- Buy some local Lincolnshire produce and have a mini Masterchef
- Hire Suzy Walgate to run a retreat
Suzy Walgate Corporate Retreats
Stress within the work environment is a major factor in how successfully a business performs. Lifestyle habits and practises, influence every area of our lives – and the management of stress is a key to productivity.
Stress management techniques are invaluable tools to increase wellbeing and performance throughout all levels of the work force.
“Productivity is never an accident, it is always the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning and focused effort”
Most businesses would like to;
- Increased productivity – due to less days missed off work with physical or mental/emotional illness.
- Increased performance – due to employees being able to focus on their work, and have a positive attitude towards their work, and their fellow colleagues.
Nutrition, movement, sleep, breathing, hydration and mindset are all important areas that effect our performance, vitality and attitude.
Retreats offer a range of information, advise and simple practices on all these areas, that are easy and enjoyable to do.
One day retreats would cover topics such as;
- Yoga at the office desk for relief from, aches, pains and lethargy and tiredness.
- Healthy lunch choices increase brain function and increase energy level (avoiding that afternoon slump!).
- Stress management techniques such as breathing exercises, visualisation and Emotional Freedom Technique that transform mindset and emotional anxiety in minutes.
Two day retreats
- Expansion on yoga guidance and practice for increased vitality and performance and mental clarity.
- Talks on the effects of nutrition and toxicity on wellbeing and longevity.
- Further expansion on stress management techniques and creation of a bespoke Wellbeing programme for each individual.
An additional day could be added to this package for businesses looking to provide a relaxing experience for their employees – offering massage, deeper insights into self help practises. Also, offering health menu planning and cookery demonstrations.
Sustrans National Cycle Route (2 miles).
Willingham Woods Cycle Trail (10 Miles)
Lincolnshire is famous for it’s Speciality foods.
For details of Select Lincolnshire food festivals, gardening fairs, farmer’s markets etc; please visit
www.visitlincolnshire.com and www.selectlincolnshire.com.
Our Lincoln Red cattle graze the parkland and fields surrounding the Hall and Cottage. It was voted Britains Best Beef in Country Life Magazine.
Waltham Windmill (6 miles) Tel: 01472 824109. The Manor, Laceby Tel: 01472 873346) (5 miles). Kenwick Park, Louth (12 miles). Louth Golf Course (12 miles). Market Rasen Golf Course (12 miles). At Woodhall Spa is the National Golf Centre the home of golf in England and the headquarters of the English Golf Union, its two famous championship golf courses are the Hotchkin and the Bracken (25 miles). (www.lincolnshiregolfbreaks.com)